Background : This course is designed to assist students to develop a broad understanding of Fundamental Principles, concepts, trends and issues relating to education and nursing education. Further, it would provide opportunity to students to understand, appreciate and acquire skills in teaching and evaluation, curriculum development, implementation, maintenance of standards and accreditation of various nursing educational programs. National Health Policy(NHP) 2002 emphasizes the need to prepare nurses to function in super-speciality areas who are required in tertiary care institutions, entrusting some limited public health functions to nurses after providing adequate training, and increase the ratio of degree holding vis a vis diploma holding nurses. It is observed that there is an acute shortage of nursing faculty in under graduate and post graduate nursing programme in India Indian Nursing Council believes that: Post Graduate programme is essential to prepare nurses to improve the quality of nursing education and practice in India. Post graduate programme in nursing builds upon and extends competence acquired at the graduate levels, emphasizes application of relevant theories into nursing practice, education, administration and development of research skills. The programme prepares nurses for leadership position in nursing and health fields who can function as nurse specialists, consultants, educators, administrators and researchers in a wide variety of professional settings in meeting the National priorities and the changing needs of the society. This programme provides the basis for the post material programme in nursing. Further the programe encourages accountability and commitment to life long learning which fosters improvement of quality.
Duration : 2 years
Eligibility Criteria :
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of : B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have undergone in B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Candidate shall be medically fit.(5% relaxation for SC/ST)
For further details please contact to our Admission Office in the following numbers :